Why choose Shand?
Shand are a trusted source of knowledge, skills and products for the fluid handling and transportation industry worldwide. The company:
What is the registered address of Shand?
The registered address of Shand is as follows:
Shand Engineering Ltd, Kiln Lane, Stallingborough, Grimsby, England, DN41 8DL.
Where are Shand incorporated?
Shand are incorporated in England.
What is Shand’s company registration number?
The Shand company registration number is 1083861.
Who owns Shand?
The immediate parent company of Shand is Sturrock and Robson (UK) Ltd, which is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England. The ultimate parent company undertaking is Sturrock and Robson International BV, which is incorporated in the Netherlands.
What is the Shand e-mail disclaimer?
Our e-mail disclaimer is set out below. in line with our desire to minimise our environmental impact, we choose to publish it here rather than at the foot of every e-mail we produce.
DISCLAIMER: This message may contain information which is confidential, private or privileged in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or any file which is attached to this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter return and/or destroy the original message. Any views of this communication are those of the sender except where the sender specifically states them to be those of Shand Engineering Limited. Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses and the like. While we do everything possible to protect information from viruses, Shand Engineering Limited accepts no liability of whatever nature for any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from the access and/or downloading of any files which are attached to this e-mail message.
What are the Shand Standard Terms of Purchase?
SHAND ENGINEERING LIMITED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
This Purchase Order is placed subject to these conditions which shall apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any terms or conditions on or attached to or otherwise forming part of any quotation, acknowledgement or acceptance prepared by the Seller. The Buyer’s staff have no authority to accept the Seller’s terms of trading without express written sanction of a director of the Buyer. It is the Seller’s responsibility to ensure that such sanction has been given where relevant.
1. DEFINITIONS: In this Purchase Order the following words shall have the following meaning:
1.1 ‘Order’ shall mean this Purchase Order.
1.2 ‘Conditions’ shall mean these Conditions of Purchase.
1.3 ‘Buyer’ shall mean the Company placing this Order.
1.4 ‘Supplier’ shall mean the person, firm or company on which this order is placed.
1.5 ‘Goods’ shall mean the equipment or article to be supplied under this order.
1.6 ‘ Service’ shall mean any work or services to be provided by the Supplier to the Buyer under this Order.
2. ACCEPTANCE: Acceptance of this Order by the Supplier’s should be made in writing by the Supplier within fourteen days.
3. CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT: Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Buyer, the Acceptance of this Order involves the acceptance of these Conditions to the exclusion of any conditions of contract proposed or tendered by the Supplier.
4. PERFORMANCE: The Supplier shall deliver the Goods during normal working hours carriage paid to the delivery points stated in the order and provide the Services stated in this Order strictly in accordance with the specifications and other requirements of the Order and any applicable British Standards or Codes of Practice and by the date(s) and at the price(s) and on the conditions stated herein. No variation to any term of condition of this Order shall be valid unless confirmed by the Buyer in writing.
5. PRICE: Unless specifically stated to the contrary the price(s) stated in this Order is/are firm and valid for the duration of the Order and include for all work necessary to carry out the Order. Charges other than the total sum plus VAT must not be imposed without our written consent. If this Order covers Goods or Services being purchased on a repeat order basis the order must not be carried out at prices higher than those last charged or quoted by the Supplier before the date of this Order without the advice from the Supplier and confirmation in writing from the Buyer.
6. TERMS OF PAYMENT: The terms of payment shall be agreed between the Buyer and Seller and subject to approval of invoice by the Buyer, payment will be made within 60 days of the end of the month in which the invoice was received. Value added tax and any other UK duties, sales taxes or levies, where applicable, shall be shown separately on all invoices as a strictly nett extra charge. The Buyer shall be entitled to set-off any monies owing to the Buyer by the Seller against any sums owing by the Buyer to the Seller. No payment will be made until the acceptance copy of the order is duly signed and received by the Buyer.
7. INSPECTION AND TESTS: Before delivering any Goods the Supplier will carefully inspect and test them for compliance with this Order. The Supplier will give the Buyer reasonable notice of such tests which the Buyer shall be entitled to attend.
The Buyer reserves the right to inspect and progress work under the Order at any time during normal business hours but such inspection shall not relieve the Supplier from any responsibility or liability. The Buyer will have the power to reject any part of the Goods or Services which do not conform with the Order. The Supplier shall give the Buyer sight of all test and inspection certificates relating to Goods and shall at the request of the Buyer without extra charge supply copies or originals of any such test and inspection certificates.
8. TOOLS AND PATTERNS ETC: All tools, patterns, drawings, designs and documents supplied by or made available through the Buyer to the Supplier or made by the Suppler for or pursuant to the Order shall remain or become the property of the Buyer and shall not be disclosed by the Supplier to any other person, company or firm nor used by the Supplier other than for implementing the Order and shall be returned or delivered by the Supplier to the Buyer upon completion of the Order unless otherwise required.
9. The date(s) for the delivery of Goods or completion of Services stated in the Order is/are of the essence of the contracts. Goods delivered must be accompanied by a delivery docket / advice note.
The items listed must conform to the Order description in sufficient detail to enable inspection and checking to take place after delivery. Each item is to be clearly identified with our order number prior to despatch. Failure to comply with this instruction may result in the Goods being returned to you at your cost. No responsibility for payment will be accepted by the Buyer unless delivery dockets have been signed by an authorised representative of the Buyer. The signature on any delivery docket on behalf of the Buyer shall not imply that the Buyer has accepted any Goods as regards to quality or quantity. Any faulty items or items delivered in advance of the due date or in excess of the proper Order quantity may be returned by the Buyer at the Suppliers expense. Early delivery by the Supplier, and acceptance by the Buyer shall not entitle the Supplier to early payment. In the event of any industrial dispute, strike, accident or other unforeseen contingency causing stoppage of work or delay at our premises or on site, delivery may be suspended at our request for the duration of same.
10. DELAY IN DELIVERY: The Supplier shall inform the Buyer forthwith in writing in the event that the delivery of any Goods or completion of any Services will be delayed for any reason, stating the reasons for and the probable extent of such delay and will give detailed information whenever available. The Buyer may at this option agree to extend the delivery periods stated in the Order where the reason for such delay is not within the control of or foreseeable by the Supplier.
11. DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS: All correspondence, test certificates, advice notes, invoices and other documentation must be sent to the appropriate address stated on the face of this order and be clearly marked with the indent number and Order reference stated on the face of this Order. Delivery dockets and packages and consignments of Goods must be clearly marked with the Order reference number stated on the face of this order and the name of the Supplier. Unless otherwise agreed, invoices for Goods and Services supplied pursuant to this order may be only submitted by the Supplier after such deliveries or Services have been completed.
12. DEFECTS: Should any defects appear in any Goods within a period of twelve months after delivery to the Buyer, the Supplier will make good such defect by repair or replacement at the Buyers option and free of charge to the Buyer, or where rectification work is in the Buyer’s opinion urgently required reimburse the Buyer for the costs of such rectification work.
13. SITE WORK: Where the Order requires the Supplier, his employees, sub-contractors or agents to carry out any work within the Buyer’s premises or on any site of the Buyer, the Supplier shall ensure that throughout the periods that such persons are on the premises or site all relevant statutory rules and regulations will be observed in carrying out such work in addition to all rules and regulations laid down by the Buyer (of which a copy will be available on request).
It shall be the responsibility of the Supplier to inspect and examine the premises or site and its surroundings to ensure suitability for carrying out the work.
14. INDEMNITY: The Supplier shall indemnify the Buyer against all liability which the Buyer may incur to any other person whatsoever and against all claims, demands, proceedings, damages, costs and expenses made against or incurred by the Buyer by reason of any act, omission or breach of statutory duty of the Supplier, his employees, sub-contractors or agents or otherwise in carrying out his obligations under the Order or by reason of any defect in Goods delivered or Services supplied pursuant to the Order.
15. ADVANCE PAYMENTS: If under the Order any part of the price is payable before delivery all materials allocated to the Order shall vest in the Buyer when it is so allocated. The Supplier shall mark the material as the property of the Buyer but it shall be at the Suppliers risk until delivery.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Conditions and other terms of this Order constitute the entire Agreement between the parties and all previous discussions correspondence and communications between the parties whether oral or written are hereby cancelled or withdrawn. In the event that any special Conditions of Contract are referred to on the face of the Order such special Conditions shall prevail.
17. ASSIGNMENT: This Order is personal to the parties and no rights or obligations whatsoever arising under it may be assigned by the Supplier to another party without the prior written consent of the Buyer.
18. INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY: The Supplier will indemnify the Buyer against all claims, actions or losses arising from or due to infringement of any rights of a third party under any Letters, Patents, Trademarks, Registered Design or Copyright.
19. TERMINATION BY THE BUYER: The Buyer shall be entitled at any time, by written notice to he Seller, to terminate the Contract or any part thereof whereupon the Seller shall cease all work except to the extent specifically directed by the Buyer (and shall instruct his Sub-Contractors similarly). Except where termination results from the Seller’s acts or defaults, the Buyer shall pay a fair and reasonable sum for the work done under the Contract (which sum shall take into account whether the Buyer requires the Seller to deliver any such work) but shall not be liable for any loss or profit, use or trading revenue and the sum payable shall not in any event exceed the price payable under the Contract.
20. WAIVER: Waiver by the Buyer of any Specific fault or default or failure by the Buyer to cancel the Order or any part thereof when a right to do so arises shall not constitute a waiver by the Buyer of any of the Conditions of the Order except that to the extent that any such Conditions are specifically waived and then only in respect of the actual fault or default in respect of which such waiver is granted.
21. RIGHTS: The rights and obligations of the parties stated in these Conditions are in addition and without prejudice to their rights and obligations at law.
22. LAW: The Order shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of England.
23. WARRANTY: A contractual defects liability period is to be effective until the expiration of the warranty period which shall be eighteen months from delivery or twelve months from commissioning date on site, whichever is the sooner.
Shand Engineering Limited Ver 3, 18 March 2007.
What are the Shand Standard Terms of Sale?
SHAND ENGINEERING LIMITED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Contractual Terms
These Conditions of Sale shall apply to the acceptance by Shand Engineering (the Seller) of any order placed by the Buyer and shall prevail over any other terms and conditions proposed by the Buyer or implied by law or custom, unless expressly accepted in writing by the Seller. Any amendment to the contract shall only be effective if in writing and signed by authorized representatives of the Seller and the Buyer.
The Seller’s quotations are subject to withdrawal at any time prior to acceptance by the Seller of the Buyer’s order. Unless otherwise stated the quotation is valid for, and shall expire 30 days from the date of the quotation, all goods will be supplied ex-works and unpacked.
All contracts may be partially or wholly suspended without liability on the part of the Seller by reason of contingencies beyond our control, such as Strikes, Lock-outs, Fire, War, Acts of State etc, or for any cause which partially or entirely stops the Seller’s works, or any works on which the Seller depends for supplies. Contracts shall not be cancelled without the Seller’s written consent, and the Buyer shall have no claim on the Seller for loss or damage either direct or consequential, which may be traceable to any such delay in the completion of the contract.
4. Taxes and Duties
Any taxes, duties or similar charges other than taxes or duties on the income of the Seller or arising after delivery in connection with or performance of the order shall be borne or paid by the Buyer, and if not shall be an addition to the order price. VAT shall be added to the order price where applicable.
5. Terms of Payment
i) All payments shall be made to the Seller in Sterling in the United Kingdom unless other wise agreed in writing.
ii) Unless otherwise stated in the quotation, 100% of that part of the total order price (as shown in the Seller’s invoices) which relates to each consignment of goods is to be paid 30 days after delivery or dispatch of the goods ex-works and the commercial invoice therefore.
iii) If any item or part of one item of an invoice submitted by the Seller is disputed by the Buyer, the payment of the remainder of the invoice shall not be withheld on those grounds.
iv) Ownership of each item of the goods/spare parts shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received payment in full respect of each item.
6. Delay in Payment
i) If the Buyer fails to make payment on the due date, the Seller may without prejudice to any other rights of the Seller, charge interest at 3% pa above the Sellers bankers base rate from time to time in force calculated on the overdue amount from the due date to the date of receipt of the said amount by the Seller.
ii) In the event that any invoices shall be overdue and unpaid, the Seller shall be entitled, without prejudice to any rights to damages or other remedy, to suspend manufacture and/or dispatch and to withhold further deliveries until such payment is made and/or to cancel the order in respect of the whole or part of the goods remaining undelivered.
7. Time of Delivery
i) The time of delivery stated, dates where applicable from the receipt of complete instruction, approval of drawings etc, necessary for the execution of the work and not necessarily from the date of the order.
ii) The time of delivery is not guaranteed, and is subject to extension to cover delay caused by failure to supply by any form from whom the Seller is obtaining items to fulfill the contract, faulty materials or compliance with Government or other inspection requirements.
iii) In case of non-fulfillment, the Seller accepts no liability whatsoever, nor can the Seller agree to any order being cancelled on the account.
8. Non Acceptance of Goods
The Buyer is expected to take delivery when goods are ready and in cases where delivery cannot be accepted the Seller reserve the right to invoice on completion of work, and payment will be due 30 days from date of invoice, whether goods have been accepted or not. After that period a warehousing charge may be made.
The Seller agrees to make good any part supplied by them that is proved and admitted to be defective, due to faulty material or workmanship, within a period of 12 months, but beyond that the Seller cannot accept any responsibility. In no case will the Seller pay for repairs or alterations made without their sanction, or for consequential damages. Notification in writing must be sent to the Seller immediately any defect is discovered and they are to be given full particulars and facilities to enable them to satisfy themselves regarding any defect.
The Buyer shall indemnify the Seller against all claims, damages, costs and expenses to which the Seller may become liable through executing any order in accordance with the Buyer’s specifications and which may involve infringement of a Patent.
11. Use of Buyers Own Material
Prices for machining work are based on the assumption that the Buyer’s material is readily machineable and homogeneous. Whilst every care is taken with the Buyer’s material no liability whatsoever can be accepted in respect of material supplied to the Seller for machining, should it be accidentally spoiled, other than the Seller agrees to machine replacement material supplied by the Buyer free of charge. The Seller disclaims any responsibility for the failure of any such parts, due to defects of material or workmanship either directly or indirectly or consequential loss arising there from.
12. Buyer’s Free Issue Parts and Equipment
Whilst every care is taken with the Buyer’s free issued parts and equipment, no liability whatsoever can be accepted in the event of any accidental damage or loss thereto, whilst at the Seller’s works or in transit.
13. Measurement Standard
Where no specific standard or method of measurement is demanded the Seller will work to the methods of measurement which in their opinion are most suitable for the particular job.
14. Damage or Loss in Transit
The Seller accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to the goods or the packing thereof beyond the point to which they contract to deliver the same. Up to that point Seller shall not be liable for damage or loss or non-delivery of goods or any part thereof unless in the case of damage the Buyer expressly notify the Seller and their carrier (if known by the Buyer) in writing of the existence of damage within 24 hours and notify the Seller in writing of detailed particulars of the same within 3 days after the termination of the transit, and in the case of loss or non-delivery, the Buyer expressly notifies the Seller and their carrier (if known by the Buyer) in writing of the loss or non-delivery within 3 days and particulars thereof within 7 days after the date on which the transit of the goods was terminated or would in the normal course of events have terminated, and subject thereto the Seller will repair or replace free of charge to the Buyer the goods damaged, lost or undelivered as the case may be.
15. Retention of Title
Until payment in full has been made, the Seller retains the legal and beneficial title to all goods and materials supplied and if the Buyer sells any item before payment has been made for it then the Buyer holds a part of the proceeds of sale equal to the purchase price as a trustee for the Seller.
If any dispute or difference shall arise between the Seller and a Non-UK Buyer upon or in connection with the order, then if it cannot be settled amicably it shall be referred to Arbitration by the London Court of International Arbitration, whose rules are deemed incorporated into this Contract.
The Contract shall in all respects be deemed to be an English Contract and shall be governed and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England. The Uniform Law of the International Sale of Goods shall not apply.
18. Entire Agreement
The Contract together with the documents to which it expressly refers, constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the Buyer and the Seller and supercedes all representations, letters, brochures or agreements relating to the subject matter of this Contract.
After the success of the CleanBREAK range, Shand have decided to launch a new website dedicated to our Spill Prevention products. Keep up to date with new products, download data sheets and get the latest CleanBREAK news! www.cleanbreak-couplings.com
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are awarded to businesses for outstanding achievement in International Trade, Innovation and Sustainable Development. The award is given to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to promoting and enhancing enterprise
Shand Engineering Ltd came into existence as a fabrication and machining contractor based at the current Stallingborough site serving the local oil refineries and manufacturing Built-In hose couplings for Dunlop Oil & Marine Ltd